Definición de retrodict en inglés:
State a fact about the past based on inference or deduction, rather than evidence.
- On the other hand, the ‘theory of moves,’ which is founded on game theory but radically changes its standard rules of play, does retrodict, or make past predictions of, the leaders' choices.
- The only measure of success here is how well the models retrodict climate.
- The observation fitted a prediction of the theory, rather than the theory retrodicting an already observed phenomena.
1940s: on the pattern of predict.
- Example sentences
- To unambiguously cover cases of retrodiction, the assumption is better put in terms of the unobserved resembling, in relevant respects, the observed.
- Could it not be that the retrodiction of a past Bang in which the entire Universe was squeezed to a point arises entirely as a consequence of following the expansion backwards in a perfectly symmetrical fashion?
- What Rusty is referring to here is not prediction but retrodiction - it's looking back from the perspective of modern theories and reading those facts back into the Genesis account.
Definición de retrodict en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan