- State a fact about the past based on inference or deduction, rather than evidence.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- On the other hand, the ‘theory of moves,’ which is founded on game theory but radically changes its standard rules of play, does retrodict, or make past predictions of, the leaders' choices.
- The only measure of success here is how well the models retrodict climate.
- The observation fitted a prediction of the theory, rather than the theory retrodicting an already observed phenomena.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- To unambiguously cover cases of retrodiction, the assumption is better put in terms of the unobserved resembling, in relevant respects, the observed.
- Could it not be that the retrodiction of a past Bang in which the entire Universe was squeezed to a point arises entirely as a consequence of following the expansion backwards in a perfectly symmetrical fashion?
- What Rusty is referring to here is not prediction but retrodiction - it's looking back from the perspective of modern theories and reading those facts back into the Genesis account.
1940s: on the pattern of predict.
Más definiciones de retrodictDefinición de retrodict en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional