adjetivoAnatomy & Medicine
- The retroflexed view confirmed a loose wrap with prolapsing gastric folds.
- The retroflexed view in the stomach demonstrated findings consistent with a slipped fundoplication.
- Scarring from adhesions as a result of endometriosis or fibroids can also cause the uterus to shift to a tilted or retroflexed state.
- Sicilian, phonetically characterized by the presence of retroflexed consonants, not only keeps all the vowel sounds clear and loud but introduces an epenthetic [i] in some consonantic groups.
- It is phonologically impossible since Tamil has no [z] sound and since the retroflex approximant sometimes romanized < z > cannot appear in initial position.
- Waymamba taught us the sounds of Yolngu Matha, the retroflexed T that sounds like an ‘rt’, like watu, dog, the elusive ‘ng’ that emerges from the back of the throat, heard in the word Yolngu, and the glottal stop that sounds like a hiccup.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- So ‘softening’ might be removal of retroflexion.
- Even if endoscopic examination includes retroflexion of the scope to inspect the anal canal, optimal visualization is obtained with the Ive's slotted anoscope.
- The increasing use of retroflexion proctoscopy to evaluate the distal rectum is not without complications.
Late 18th century: from Latin retroflex- 'bent backward', from the verb retroflectere, from retro 'backward' + flectere 'to bend'.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: ret·ro·flex
Definición de retroflex en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.