Definición de retrogression en inglés:
1The process of returning to an earlier state, typically a worse one: a kind of extreme retrogression to 19th-century attitudes
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Our epoch is characterized by startling advances on the one hand and conditions of extreme socioeconomic retrogression and distress on the other.
- ‘Arms control and disarmament are at a critical moment, when failure to advance would mean retrogression,’ he said at the three-day conference.
- No politician is talking about ideas or programs to liberate the people from the current economic retrogression and social decay.
2 Astronomy another term for retrogradation.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The sun-centred system implies, for instance, that Jupiter's retrograde motion is more pronounced than that of Saturn, and that the frequency with which retrogression occurs is greater for Saturn than for Jupiter.
- Perhaps the problem of retrogression lies not in the planets themselves but in our understanding of the system of planets gathered about our Sun, and the relationship that the planets have with the Sun as seen from our geocentric viewpoint.
- The rhythms, sequences, waves and patterns with respect to the retrogression and direct motion of the planets is symphonic in its holistic entirety.
Mid 17th century: from retro- 'backward', on the pattern of progression.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- We're not trying to create the '60s or go for some retrogressive feeling.
- Mr Kanyama, who said some of the methodologies that some companies had employed were repugnant, said tax evasion was a retrogressive habit which reduced the amount of tax being paid to Government.
- I think that is something we are getting back towards, and that's not in a retrogressive sense, just in the sense that people are saying Shakespeare can be relatively popular entertainment.
Definición de retrogression en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Malasia