- A process by which a solvent passes through a porous membrane in the direction opposite to that for natural osmosis when subjected to a hydrostatic pressure greater than the osmotic pressure.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Advances in processing technology, including ultrafiltration, microfiltration, reverse osmosis, and ion-exchange have resulted in development of several different finished whey products.
- They submit it to such modern technological processes as ion exchange and reverse osmosis together with super-efficient filtration and evaporators to produce what is in effect a concentrated invert sugar solution from grape juice.
- In addition, the most common membranes used in reverse osmosis units are subject to decay and failure and must be replaced periodically.
Más definiciones de reverse osmosisDefinición de reverse osmosis en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional