Definición de rhetoric en inglés:
1The art of effective or persuasive speaking or writing, especially the use of figures of speech and other compositional techniques.
- Born into a rich provincial family, he studied philosophy as well as rhetoric and law.
- Much of the earlier writing is political rhetoric; much of the later is album verse.
- In the late twentieth century rhetoric has been revived as the study of the structuring powers of discourse.
1.1Language designed to have a persuasive or impressive effect on its audience, but often regarded as lacking in sincerity or meaningful content: all we have from the opposition is empty rhetoric
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Don't simply opt for apparently powerful but ultimately empty, meaningless rhetoric.
- Is it no more than rhetoric, designed to scare the mullahs and force them to drop their nuclear programme?
- Like the style of their rhetoric, the content of their arguments was stirring; it was arousing.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia