1The art of effective or persuasive speaking or writing, especially the use of figures of speech and other compositional techniques.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Born into a rich provincial family, he studied philosophy as well as rhetoric and law.
- Much of the earlier writing is political rhetoric; much of the later is album verse.
- In the late twentieth century rhetoric has been revived as the study of the structuring powers of discourse.
1.1Language designed to have a persuasive or impressive effect on its audience, but often regarded as lacking in sincerity or meaningful content: all we have from the opposition is empty rhetoric
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Don't simply opt for apparently powerful but ultimately empty, meaningless rhetoric.
- Is it no more than rhetoric, designed to scare the mullahs and force them to drop their nuclear programme?
- Like the style of their rhetoric, the content of their arguments was stirring; it was arousing.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda