- A noncontagious acute fever marked by inflammation and pain in the joints. It chiefly affects young people and is caused by a streptococcal infection.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Complications of sore throat that presented a serious problem in the past, such as acute rheumatic fever and post-streptococcal glomerulonephritis, have become extremely rare in affluent Western communities
- During the first half of the twentieth century it was used for the control of both acute pain and chronic inflammatory conditions such as rheumatic fever.
- Carditis associated with rheumatic fever manifests as pericarditis, myocarditis, and most commonly, endocarditis.
Más definiciones de rheumatic feverDefinición de rheumatic fever en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional