Definición de rhinoceros beetle en inglés:
A very large mainly tropical beetle, the male of which has a curved horn extending from the head and typically another from the thorax. In some parts of Asia, males are put to fight as a spectator sport.
- Several genera and species in the family Scarabaeidae, including Oryctes rhinoceros, which is a serious pest of coconut palms
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Perhaps a different son-in-law might have described her as a senseless, whining, nagging, leather-faced old whitlow, not fit to cohabit with a rhinoceros beetle.
- When the substantially more nourishing bulk of a full-grown rhinoceros beetle lumbers by this week, be sure to reel it in.
- I recently interviewed a rhinoceros beetle breeder, Akahane-San, who lives in the town of Takato on the island of Honshu.
Definición de rhinoceros beetle en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda