Definición de right wing en inglés:
sustantivo(the right wing)
1The conservative or reactionary section of a political party or system.
[with reference to the National Assembly in France (1789–91), where the nobles sat to the president's right and the commons to the left]
- The real reason, of course, was the opposition from the radical right wing of the Republican Party.
- The book is innovative and does much to explain the development of a radical right wing in Polish political life during the twentieth century.
- The political coup by the radical right wing has already begun to provoke a political response from below.
2The right side of a team on the field in soccer, rugby, and field hockey.
- It was a needlessly conceded free-kick out on the right wing, and as it was sent in across the edge of the six-yard box, the Milan players were queuing up to nod it home.
- The referee awards Ukraine a free-kick out on the right wing.
- Portugal win a free-kick on the right wing which is lobbed straight into Nikopolidis's air-space.
2.1The right side of an army.
- He ordered his archers to ready their bows as the right wing of the Chin army came within range.
- Only the right wing of the Hanoverian army, led by Maj Gen Huske and Brig Cholmondley, held.
- In addition, military planners weakened the right wing by flirting with a double-wing envelopment.
adjetivo(right-wing) Volver al principio
Conservative or reactionary: a right-wing Republican senator
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- No other country possesses so many laws against right-wing extremism as Germany.
- Twenty years ago it was right-wing governments who took on and defeated the trade unions.
- It was an attempt by a weakened government to placate right-wing critics in Britain.
- Example sentences
- Poliakoff's work cannot, however, be interpreted as that of a conventional conservative or a right-winger.
- Conservatives, right-wingers and social democrats have been attacking the social security system for more than 10 years.
- Recently restored to the shadow cabinet, the right-winger has lost no time in pushing the traditionalists' case.
Definición de right wing en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary