Definición de right wing en inglés:
sustantivo(the right wing)
1The conservative or reactionary section of a political party or system.
[with reference to the National Assembly in France (1789–91), where the nobles sat to the president's right and the commons to the left]
- The real reason, of course, was the opposition from the radical right wing of the Republican Party.
- The book is innovative and does much to explain the development of a radical right wing in Polish political life during the twentieth century.
- The political coup by the radical right wing has already begun to provoke a political response from below.
2The right side of a team on the field in soccer, rugby, and field hockey.
- It was a needlessly conceded free-kick out on the right wing, and as it was sent in across the edge of the six-yard box, the Milan players were queuing up to nod it home.
- The referee awards Ukraine a free-kick out on the right wing.
- Portugal win a free-kick on the right wing which is lobbed straight into Nikopolidis's air-space.
2.1The right side of an army.
- He ordered his archers to ready their bows as the right wing of the Chin army came within range.
- Only the right wing of the Hanoverian army, led by Maj Gen Huske and Brig Cholmondley, held.
- In addition, military planners weakened the right wing by flirting with a double-wing envelopment.
adjetivo(right-wing) Volver al principio
Conservative or reactionary: a right-wing Republican senator
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- No other country possesses so many laws against right-wing extremism as Germany.
- Twenty years ago it was right-wing governments who took on and defeated the trade unions.
- It was an attempt by a weakened government to placate right-wing critics in Britain.
- Example sentences
- Poliakoff's work cannot, however, be interpreted as that of a conventional conservative or a right-winger.
- Conservatives, right-wingers and social democrats have been attacking the social security system for more than 10 years.
- Recently restored to the shadow cabinet, the right-winger has lost no time in pushing the traditionalists' case.
Definición de right wing en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia