sustantivo(also rime ice)
- 1Frost formed on cold objects by the rapid freezing of water vapor in cloud or fog.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A mix of clear ice and rime ice is formed when droplets vary in size or when snow, various-sized droplets and ice pellets make up the mix that is hitting the plane.
- Pelchat was 500 feet north of the summit when he noticed an oddly straight piece of rime ice standing five feet off the trail.
- For the first time in several minutes, I looked up from the instruments and saw rime ice on our windscreen.
- 1.1 • literary Hoarfrost.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Hector noticed spicules of rime adorning the packing-case shelves like fluffy moulds and hoar on his own beard.
- He drew a long breath, followed by a longer sigh, then he nodded once, walked out into the great cavern, and vanished, leaving a thick rime of frost on the floor where he had stood.
verbo[with object] • literary Volver al principio
- Cover (an object) with hoarfrost: he does not brush away the frost that rimes his beardMás ejemplos en oraciones
- There was absolutely no possibility of going outside; the deck was coated in slippery ice, and frost rimed the rails and icicles hung down like brilliant daggers from the overhanging bridge.
- The trees were rimed with frost and there was a stillness over the land that only came with extreme cold.
- It was a little room with racks of scrolls covering a wall, a low desk with a pair of capacious beanbag-style cushions, a single grubby little glazed window rimed with frost and - most welcome - a fire in the potbelly stove.
Old English hrīm, of Germanic origin; related to Dutch rijm. The word became rare in Middle English but was revived in literary use at the end of the 18th century.
sustantivo & verbo
- archaic spelling of rhyme.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Then reading instruction programs that emphasize onsets and rimes should be better than those that emphasize phonemes or whole words.
- A single stanza, perhaps the first, makes an excellent introduction to prayer or rimes of meditation.
- He was a playful man, so his way of talking was in riddles and rimes and he was poetic as well.