(also rinkhals /ˈriNGˌkals/)
A large nocturnal spitting cobra of southern Africa, with one or two white rings across the throat.
- Hemachatus haemachatus, family Elapidae
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- And hiding in over 50 varieties of grasses, are snakes: among them the deadly rinkhals and puff adders.
- The Cape cobra and the rinkhals are dangerous, but they tend to be found more inland than along the coast.
- The south African ringhal cobra is the most venomous snake living in the world which could cause the death of the victim within 15 seconds of the attack.
late 18th century: from Afrikaans rinkhals, from ring 'ring' + hals 'neck'.
Definición de ringhals en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional