1A barrier or barricade on a road, especially one set up by the authorities to stop and examine traffic.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- That meant having to hide the cameras to capture footage of the police and military roadblocks that are a common sight across Mexico.
- Mining villages are ringed with officers, police roadblocks established, non-police movements restricted.
- The mixture of fear and exhilaration he feels when passing through a police roadblock isn't logical, but it is completely understandable.
barrier, barricade, obstruction, checkpoint
1.1US Any hindrance: the biggest roadblock to solar power is its price tag
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- For months she struggled with computers and photography - ‘technological addictions’ she calls them - physical demons and creative roadblocks in order to find her film's voice.
- Rather, he cautions young musicians to beware of the dangers of political roadblocks in building a career.
- We're trying to tell them it's the same principle as sending out soil samples to analyze, but we are still running into roadblocks.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda