Definición de roster en inglés:
- So here's what's going to happen, either you explain your actions today, or you'll both be stricken off of the active duty roster.
- Hornblower sat at the small table and pulled out his log, the duty roster, and noted on all the different items that would need seeing to in the coming days.
- The Sergeant said this while handing over the duty roster.
- You therefore need a roster of available players that is two or three times the average number of players you desire.
- As with any proper work on baseball, the book includes a statistical section and player rosters.
- There are player rosters, so you know who had a hand in the results and how to contact them, if you want.
verbo[with object] (usually be rostered) chiefly British Volver al principio
- During the height of confrontation, members were rostered for duty to ensure the guns could be manned around the clock.
- In New South Wales, Australia, prison bosses had modified rostered activities, duties and shifts which were historically prone to higher levels of sick leave.
- It will be a date during one week when I am rostered as the duty Judge.
Early 18th century (originally denoting a list of duties and leave for military personnel): from Dutch rooster 'list', earlier 'gridiron', from roosten 'to roast', with reference to its parallel lines.
roast from Middle English:
The word roast is from Old French rostir, of West Germanic origin. Roast originally meant to cook before a fire while bake meant ‘cook in an oven’; but now that we rarely use an open fire the distinction between roast and bake refers to the type of food. The colloquial sense ‘ridicule, criticize’ dates from the early 18th century. A roster (early 18th century) was originally a list of duties and leave for military personnel. It comes from Dutch rooster ‘list’, earlier ‘gridiron’, from roosten ‘to roast’, with reference to its parallel lines.
Palabras que riman con rosterCosta, coster, defroster, foster, Gloucester, impostor, paternoster
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.