- 1A military engagement that does not occur at a fixed location.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They fought a running battle in Haifa Street.
- This set the pattern for the entire mission with a series of fierce running battles, day and night, against conventional forces and specially trained counter-SF troops.
- The running battle up the Channel was inconclusive (two Spanish ships lost through accident) and only the English fireship attack on the Armada's anchorage off Calais broke the stalemate.
- 1.1A confrontation that has gone on for a long time.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- ‘We had a running battle with the Globe,’ complains the Flynn manager.
- He had a running battle with the editor of the Vanuatu Trading Post, the country's only non-government news source.
- What it certainly did was to set off a series of running battles and feuds that brought the project to a practical standstill for the next nine months.
Más definiciones de running battleDefinición de running battle en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional