Definición de sacral en inglés:
1Of, for, or relating to sacred rites or symbols: sacral horns of a Minoan type
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Holy Fire is not a sacral rite, but a sectarian battle standard and, as she earnestly tries to prove, a fraud.
- Unlike their secular brethren, they claim, in theory at least, to treat as sacral the assumptions of their sacred texts.
- From the social functions of the elite, which many people follow in the popular press, to the promotion of public causes, to royal weddings, the monarchy's representatives lend an almost sacral quality to public life.
2 Anatomy Of or relating to the sacrum.
- Occasionally, a half-vertebra is found in the thoracic and lumbar regions and very rarely in cervical and sacral vertebrae.
- Anterior slippage of the fifth lumbar vertebra on the sacral base can be identified in lateral views.
- In the pelvis, the sacral component innervates the bladder and rectum, where it mediates voiding.
- sense 1.Example sentences
- Poverty was a holy condition, but the sturdy vagrant was not poor, he was merely idle; he pretended to be poor in order to benefit by the aura of sacrality that attended that condition.
- But similarly, the sacrality of place can be asserted and maintained through claims and counter-claims on its ownership.
- The sacrality of work persists, albeit in a rather debased form, in the idea of the hobby.
Pronunciación: /sāˈkralətē, sə-/sustantivo
Definición de sacral en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary