Definición de sacrosanct en inglés:
(Especially of a principle, place, or routine) regarded as too important or valuable to be interfered with: the individual’s right to work has been upheld as sacrosanct
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It was understood equipment and shooting techniques would evolve, but the principles were sacrosanct.
- Basic human decency and respect for the dead as well as for the feelings of their grieving loved ones should guarantee that burial places are sacrosanct.
- Sovereignty has long been a sacrosanct principle in the international system.
late 15th century: from Latin sacrosanctus, from sacro 'by a sacred rite' (ablative of sacrum) + sanctus 'holy'.
- Example sentences
- Considering that Merritt as a singer has a contentious relationship with pitch, he is perhaps not in the greatest position to argue for the sacrosanctity of his tunes.
- It would be an absurdity to maintain the sacrosanctity of confidentiality if that itself was putting people very seriously at risk.
- This is a purely hypothetical example, but I don't see anyone really defending the sacrosanctity of consumer privacy under this set of circumstances.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan