- A person who makes, repairs, or alters sails as a profession.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There was slave labor available, but shipwrights, machinists, sailmakers, and all the skilled trades required in shipbuilding were in critically short supply.
- While the skilled workers involved (such as hatmakers, bookbinders, sailmakers, basketmakers, tailors and wool workers) were not the poorest in society, trade unionism gradually spread into factories and to the less-skilled.
- I traced Annie's story back to Rotherhithe, 1815, when her grandfather, William Sporle, arrived from Ipswich as a young man and set to work as a sailmaker at Surrey Canal, Rotherhithe.
Más definiciones de sailmakerDefinición de sailmaker en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional