- A plant of the genus Saintpaulia (family Gesneriaceae), especially (in gardening) an African violet.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Their 2003 catalogue lists more than 100 streptocarpus, around 40 named saintpaulias, a host of other gesneriads, coleus (now Solenostemon) and 60 begonias grown mainly for foliage.
- African violets, or Saintpaulias as they are properly known, are easy plants to grow, making them extremely popular plants - you can buy them just about everywhere, from garden centres to petrol stations.
- Saintpaulia, commonly known as African violet, is a genus of 6 species of herbaceous perennial flowering plants in the family Gesneriaceae, native to Tanzania and adjacent southeastern Kenya in eastern tropical Africa, with a concentration of species in the Nguru mountains of Tanzania.
named after Baron W. von Saint Paul (1860–1910), the German explorer who discovered it.
Más definiciones de saintpauliaDefinición de saintpaulia en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional