- 1The exchange of a commodity for money; the action of selling something: we withdrew it from sale the sale has fallen throughMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Some money from every sale goes towards the efforts of the Band Aid Trust in Africa.
- Money from each book sale will go to the Alice Rose Trust which supports sick children.
- Privatization without flotation on the stock market means either a management buy-out or sale by tender.
- 1.1 (sales) A quantity or amount sold: price cuts failed to boost salesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The overall annual quantity of our beef sales to Egypt when translated into live cattle equivalent amounts to 450,000 animals.
- But when prices fall, sales generally increase, offsetting some of the decrease in revenue.
- The fear is that corporate profits have been boosted by cost cutting, not increased sales and prices from a revival of the economy.
- 1.2 (sales) The activity or business of selling products: director of sales and marketingMás ejemplos en oraciones
- We play but a support role in the most important aspect of the promotional products business: sales.
- Each of these groups has its own business manager, sales manager and product development manager.
- The retail sales report can be compared to the sales activity of a publicly traded company.
- 2An event for the rapid disposal of goods at reduced prices for a period, especially at the end of a season: a clearance saleMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The average price recorded from the time the sales started in the period under review was $1.89 per kilogramme.
- Then (this is one from earlier today) I might be asked to choose a date for a chain of shops to start their sales.
- There are long, lingering closing down sales at the two rental shops nearest to my flat, and the local Blockbuster is emptier every time I go there.
- 2.1 [often with modifier] A public or charitable event at which goods are sold.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- She regularly holds sales and other fundraising events and has raised thousands of pounds.
- Half of the total has been collected from auctions, sales, coffee mornings and other events at the church in Otley Road.
- The next fundraising event is an indoor sale to be held at Melksham Labour Club on February 22.
- 2.2A public auction.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The fundraiser will also feature music by a number of local artists as well as a silent auction and art sale.
- Any remaining items will go to the auction mart furniture sale on Wednesday, June 6.
(up) for sale
- Offered for purchase; to be bought: cars for sale at reasonable pricesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The sofas are being offered for sale in supermarket car parks and on motorway service stations.
- Homemade gifts will also be for sale and offer a great way to begin holiday shopping.
- A popular move included forcing local authorities to offer council houses for sale.
- Offered for purchase: the November issue is on sale nowMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Extra copies of the current issue will go on sale in Easons in June as a test case for the second issue.
- The full version of this article can be seen in the December issue of Tatler, on sale this week
- Videos of the night are still on sale and can be purchased by contacting Betty Sweeney.
late Old English sala, from Old Norse sala, of Germanic origin; related to sell.