A bitter compound present in certain plants. It is used as a fungicide and in the manufacture of aspirin and dyestuffs.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Keratolytic preparations containing salicylic acid in a propylene glycol gel may be used to remove the stratum corneum.
- Anti-acne creams contain compounds such as salicylic acid, sulphur, and triclosan that are effective at killing bacteria and reducing the signs of acne.
- Raspberries are a rich source of the pollution-busting supernutrient ellagic acid and salicylic acid, nature's form of aspirin, which may help to deal with any light-headedness.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A psychiatrist was found negligent in his care of a patient with a diagnosis of depression who died after an overdose of salicylate.
- Other topicals contain anti-inflammatories such as trolamine salicylate, a relative of aspirin.
Pronunciación: /səˈlisəˌlāt, -lit/sustantivo
Definición de salicylic acid en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional