- He raised one hand in salutation, welcoming one and all in a melancholy voice.
- I find that nothing makes conversation quite so impossible as greetings and salutations.
- Grenada shares a common Caribbean culture base with many other islands in the Lesser Antilles, including music, literature, greetings and salutations, food, and family structure.
- The email addresses are in the salutation to the letter.
- At one time the conventional letter salutation employed when writing to a business person whose name was unknown was ‘Dear Sir.’
- For example, the undulating pattern of bold word and definition signal a dictionary while the juxtapositioning of date, address and salutation denote a letter.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- They call themselves Robin's Hoods, of course, and their salutational greeting is, "How go ye?"
- A salutational voice obediently called from beside her, as if it, too, knew Mary Beth's place. "Good morning."
Late Middle English: from Old French, or from Latin salutatio(n-), from salutare 'pay one's respects to' (see salute).
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: sal·u·ta·tion
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.