- A bag filled with sand, typically used for defensive purposes or for protection from flooding.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Finally, sand mixed with archeological fragments has been used to fill sandbags intended for protecting military positions.
- They hired local men as translators or to fill sandbags at the camp.
- Along the perimeter, sandbags are being filled and wire is laid.
verbo (sandbags, sandbagging, sandbagged)[with object] Volver al principio
- 1 (usually as adjective sandbagged) Barricade using sandbags: boarded-up shopfronts and sandbagged doorwaysMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The containers in which the soldiers live and operate could be sandbagged on the exterior to protect the occupants from small arms fire and fragmentation.
- The device was sandbagged, the area cleared and then the tranquillity shattered briefly as a sympathetic charge disposed of the shell.
- For each section, terram was laid, sandbags placed to hold it in position, and then the lines of historic palisades and piles were sandbagged.
- 2Hit or fell with or as if with a blow from a sandbag.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- For Daniel's son, history will sandbag him out of a pleasantly drifting existence as he grapples with questions of race and confronts his own colonisation.
- Microsoft can, and you can bet, probably will use this procedure to sandbag future litigation: it adds several months to any future case as the respective lawyers set their meters running.
- Adverse customer reaction will quite possibly sandbag this one, but remember to ask yourself if you really need that new SIM right now.
- 2.1North American Coerce; bully.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He had already announced that he was planning to leave the program to work on a book, but he knew he had been sandbagged, and he didn't like it.
- But they sandbagged her, so the last thing she was going to do was take insults from the man who almost ruined her career.
- This in itself is A-OK, but such countries run the risk of being sandbagged by protectionist tariffs initiated by neighbouring nations.
- 3 [no object] Deliberately underperform in a race or competition to gain an unfair advantage.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Either they sandbagged during qualifying and practice or they gave very high downforce to the cars to make them slower during those sessions.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Now he plays with ‘an eclectic group of thieves, sandbaggers and miscreants’ at public courses like Brookside and Griffith Park.
- It's a step that can be used to root out sandbaggers who inflate scores posted in casual play.
- Kevin, who just two days before was hoisted upon the shoulders of his adoring fellow-competitors, is now, in true Pattaya fashion, being vilified as a sandbagger.
Más definiciones de sandbagDefinición de sandbag en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional