- 1 • formal Wise, or attempting to appear wise.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- At the very far end of the rostrum one could just discern a tribunal of sapient figures seated around a table.
- This may sound extremely unfair to our esteemed police force, to the hardworking prosecutors at the Attorney General's Office and the sapient judges who preside over our courts.
- One thing though, I'd never before so personally perceived nature's absolute mastery at using the unwitting collaboration of its sapient members to mimic its fungal elements.
- 1.1(Chiefly in science fiction) intelligent: sapient life formsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In the wake of their travels, they have left half of the galaxy devoid of sapient life, primarily through the use of their Marauder starships.
- 2Of or relating to the human species (Homo sapiens): our sapient ancestors of 40,000 years agoMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Perhaps in a brief quiet contemplation that this same view was experienced by our modern sapient ancestors over 164,000 years ago.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- A human of the species Homo sapiens.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As for my fellow sapients, I have no desire to control their actions.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- With much sapience, he ruled that the categorical imperative of the situation was that charity begins at home and the guilty party must pay for his own beer that evening.
- As much experience is prudence, so is much science sapience.
- Of course, this suggestion will seem absurd if we are still tempted to assimilate sapience to sentience, thus to think of sensations as the objects of ‘immediate’ knowledge.
late Middle English: from Old French, or from Latin sapient- 'being wise', from the verb sapere.
Más definiciones de sapientDefinición de sapient en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional