verbo (saponifies, saponifying, saponified)[with object] Chemistry
1Turn (fat or oil) into soap by reaction with an alkali: (as adjective saponified) saponified vegetable oils
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The purpose of an alkali is to saponify the oils and dislodge ordinary soil and other matter.
- In this work, saponified coconut oil was used as a chemical model to explain the behavior of amphiphilic molecules in biological systems related to their mutagenesis potential.
- Its vegetable and botanical ingredients include saponified coconut and olive oils, a natural citrus essential-oil blend, and aloe and rosemary extracts.
1.1Convert (any ester) into an alcohol and a metal salt by alkaline hydrolysis.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The resulting ester was saponified under basic conditions to the free acid, converted to the acyl chloride with thionyl chloride, and then to the amide with anhydrous ammonia gas.
- The ethyl ester protecting groups of the tartrate were saponified in 1 M NaOH and heated at 40-45 deg C for I h.
- A sample of the isolated anthocyanins was also saponified using the method described by Durst and Wrolstad to remove acylation.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Most coolants and lubricants used in machining operations today are saponifiable -- that is, they can be made soluble by uniting with alkali to form soap, which is rinsed from parts relatively easily.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Soap is a salt formed by a process called saponification - a chemical reaction between an alkali metal, like sodium, and fatty carboxylic acids.
- It is produced through a chemical reaction, known as saponification, between triglycerides and a base, such a sodium hydroxide.
- SCO is an anionic surfactant obtained by saponification of triglycerides extracted from Cocus nucifera and is a compound widely used in the formulation of many cosmetic and hygiene products.
Early 19th century: from French saponifier, from Latin sapo, sapon- 'soap'.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: sa·pon·i·fy
Definición de saponify en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda