- Loss of muscle tissue as a natural part of the aging process.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This is principally the result of sarcopenia (loss of muscle mass) and occurs to a greater degree in older women than men.
- Strength training can prevent or aid several age-related illnesses among seniors, including the muscle destroying sarcopenia.
- A new name, sarcopenia or vanishing flesh has been applied to Maude's illness.
1990s: from Greek, literally 'lack of flesh'; coined by Irwin H. Rosenberg of the USDA.
Más definiciones de sarcopeniaDefinición de sarcopenia en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional