verbo[no object] informal, chiefly North American
1 [with adverbial of direction] Walk in an ostentatious yet casual manner, typically with exaggerated movements of the hips and shoulders: Louise was sashaying along in a long black satin dress
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- She normally sat at the opposite end of the room, but had strutted over, sashaying her hips to talk with him.
- I stared at her, breath ragged, as she walked to the door, sashaying her hips calmly.
- Rivulets of sweat poured down our backs and James called out to us to walk like models sashaying down a ramp.
2Perform the sashay.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Ailey had fully experienced the thrill that ripples through a Broadway theater when a line of spiffy dancers sashays in unison towards the edge of the stage.
- Ann and Sandie worked very hard promoting the event which saw line dancers from all over the province sashaying on the floor most of the night.
Mid 19th century (as a verb): alteration of chassé.
Palabras que riman con sashayattaché, cachet, papier-mâché, sachet
Definición de sashay en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda