Definición de sawfly en inglés:
sustantivo (plural sawflies)
An insect related to the wasps, with a sawlike egg-laying tube used to cut into plant tissue before depositing the eggs. The larvae resemble caterpillars and can be serious pests of crops and foliage.
- Suborder Symphyta, order Hymenoptera: many families
- This insect is the maggot of the eggs laid by sawflies or carpenter bees in the freshly-cut cane of the rose after pruning.
- Important pests of eastern white pine include white pine weevil, various sawflies, bark and needle aphids, pine tube moth, white pine blister rust and white pine root decline, particularly on wet sites.
- Housing developments, which often feature non-native landscape plantings, can bring pests such as the sawfly that infested the Bracken Brae population in 1992.
Definición de sawfly en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary