Definición de scabious en inglés:
- Scabiosa, Knautia, and other genera, family Dipsacaceae: several species
- There were still flowers in plenty, pink campion, toadflax, small blue scabious, honeysuckle, and six-inch mushrooms, inedible no doubt, but the blackberries were ripe and juicy enough to quench thirst.
- Purple gentians and orchids, blue scabious and harebells, orange hawkweeds, and cream and pink yarrow provide a kaleidoscope of colour to enjoy at the end of your walk.
- The biological remains show Silbury I was built on mature chalk grassland containing plants such as salad burnet, small scabious, bird's foot trefoil and meadow buttercup, with very little woodland in the area.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Late Middle English: based on Latin scabiosus 'rough, scabby'; the noun is from medieval Latin scabiosa (herba) 'rough, scabby (plant)', formerly regarded as a cure for skin disease (see scabies).
Palabras que riman con scabiousFabius
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.