Definición de scabrous en inglés:
1Rough and covered with, or as if with, scabs.
- Mengele, she believes, chose her for this favoured project because, although sick and lousy, her flesh was remarkably unmarked - Mengele had an aversion to scarred or scabrous skin.
- After an unnerving 45-minute ride on scabrous rural roads (one pothole too many and my rented '80s Honda 50 cc would have gone flying), I came across a tiny town.
- Tears scald his scabrous cheeks, and he can hardly laugh - even the sardonic bark he reserves for all humanity - without torturing his jaw.
2Indecent; salacious: scabrous publications
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Now it's pig easy to go on the Internet and just grab the planet's most scabrous excesses - absolute debauchery - you lay it out there with the complete sterile access of a surgeon or a medical test.
- Not all the ‘women whom he chose to love’ shared this lady's antipathy, as we learn from the gallant, erotic, or downright scabrous poems they occasioned.
- It's lurid, scabrous, scatological, banal and brilliant.
- Example sentences
- Initially his trauma in the trenches has left him literally speechless, but when Rivers gets him to talk, Billy turns out to be scabrously angry and anxious to return to the front.
- He wrote caustically about Jews publicly and scabrously privately.
Definición de scabrous en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan