Definición de scathing en inglés:
Witheringly scornful; severely critical: she launched a scathing attack on the governor
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Speaking ahead of the lecture, the critic launched a scathing attack on the contemporary British art scene dismissing Brit Art as a journalistic invention.
- A Bradford councillor has made a scathing attack on preservationists who are bitterly opposed to the construction of an Aire Valley motorway.
- He launched a scathing attack on both the EU and the Department of Marine in advance of tomorrow's blockade of fishing ports.
- Example sentences
- Officials have scathingly dismissed the notion that more money will solve Africa's problems as ‘old thinking’.
- Later, he scathingly recalled the reluctance of friends to comment on his book because Moscow had not made its position known.
- Recently she wrote scathingly about people putting themselves at needless risk, causing responsible, hard-working and caring individuals to put their lives in danger in an effort to rescue them.
Words that rhyme with scathingsheathing
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan