Witheringly scornful; severely critical: she launched a scathing attack on the governor
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Speaking ahead of the lecture, the critic launched a scathing attack on the contemporary British art scene dismissing Brit Art as a journalistic invention.
- A Bradford councillor has made a scathing attack on preservationists who are bitterly opposed to the construction of an Aire Valley motorway.
- He launched a scathing attack on both the EU and the Department of Marine in advance of tomorrow's blockade of fishing ports.
devastating, extremely critical, blistering, searing, withering, scorching, fierce, ferocious, savage, severe, stinging, biting, cutting, mordant, trenchant, virulent, caustic, vitriolic, scornful, sharp, bitter, harsh, unsparing
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Officials have scathingly dismissed the notion that more money will solve Africa's problems as ‘old thinking’.
- Later, he scathingly recalled the reluctance of friends to comment on his book because Moscow had not made its position known.
- Recently she wrote scathingly about people putting themselves at needless risk, causing responsible, hard-working and caring individuals to put their lives in danger in an effort to rescue them.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: scath·ing
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda