Definición de scenery en inglés:
1The natural features of a landscape considered in terms of their appearance, especially when picturesque: spectacular views of mountain scenery
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It was a very long day, but we passed through some of the country's most beautiful scenery and landscapes.
- The last is the best of the three in terms of skiing and scenery.
- Tourists flock there most of the year to savour its picturesque position among magnificent scenery.
1.1The painted background used to represent natural features or other surroundings on a theater stage or movie set.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The music was recorded, and the dances were given in costume but without scenery.
- It looked lovely on television but up-close it was just so much gauze and stage scenery.
- There may also have been some influence from painted scenery used in the theatre.
- A move to different surroundings: we spent the weekend in Seattle just for a change of sceneryMás ejemplos en oraciones
- To mark the occasion, I had a change of scenery.
- More than anything, he might benefit from a change of scenery.
- Let us just say, there are plenty of individuals who simply decided they wanted a change of scenery for personal reasons.
Verbos con partícula
chew (up) the scenery
- informal , chiefly US (Of an actor) overact: he chews up the courtroom scenery as the unscrupulous attorneyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- I caught the first half of it when it first aired, and the second half last night, and my oh my can she chew the scenery with the best of them.
- The film's cast is relatively subdued, and manages to generally avoid chewing the scenery.
- Drama has its place, but you can't chew the scenery.
Palabras que riman con scenerybeanery, bicentenary, catenary, centenary, deanery, greenery, machinery, plenary, senary, septenary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda