Definición de scenery en inglés:
1The natural features of a landscape considered in terms of their appearance, especially when picturesque: spectacular views of mountain scenery
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It was a very long day, but we passed through some of the country's most beautiful scenery and landscapes.
- The last is the best of the three in terms of skiing and scenery.
- Tourists flock there most of the year to savour its picturesque position among magnificent scenery.
1.1The painted background used to represent natural features or other surroundings on a theater stage or movie set.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The music was recorded, and the dances were given in costume but without scenery.
- It looked lovely on television but up-close it was just so much gauze and stage scenery.
- There may also have been some influence from painted scenery used in the theatre.
- A move to different surroundings: we spent the weekend in Seattle just for a change of sceneryMás ejemplos en oraciones
- To mark the occasion, I had a change of scenery.
- More than anything, he might benefit from a change of scenery.
- Let us just say, there are plenty of individuals who simply decided they wanted a change of scenery for personal reasons.
Verbos con partícula
chew (up) the scenery
- informal , chiefly US (Of an actor) overact: he chews up the courtroom scenery as the unscrupulous attorneyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- I caught the first half of it when it first aired, and the second half last night, and my oh my can she chew the scenery with the best of them.
- The film's cast is relatively subdued, and manages to generally avoid chewing the scenery.
- Drama has its place, but you can't chew the scenery.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en España
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán