Definición de schismatic en inglés:
Of, characterized by, or favoring schism.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- So it was that his invasion of England, where the church was schismatic, was officially a crusade and a papal banner flew over the Norman knights at Hastings.
- In 1920 a group of dissident priests formed a schismatic Czechoslovak Church after the Vatican rejected their demands for such reforms as the use of the vernacular in the liturgy and voluntary clerical celibacy.
- Opposition to control by an Irish-American Catholic hierarchy gave rise to bitter conflicts and even a schismatic Polish National Catholic Church.
sustantivochiefly historical Volver al principio
(Especially in the Christian Church) a person who promotes schism; an adherent of a schismatic group.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- If the term ‘Christian’ is taken to include heretics, schismatics, and baptized apostates, it would still appear that most are damned.
- Some churchmen are heard to grumble about violations of the prohibitions of shared worship with heretics and schismatics.
- Bishops who deny the authority of Scripture and declare that God has changed his mind on matters of sexual ethics, they say, are heretics, not just schismatics.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The parishes that object to the motion are accusing the church of acting schismatically and essentially of having contravened canon law.
- In his opinion, reflection on the church's tradition had become the means for distinguishing orthodoxy and heresy in a Johannine church that, by the time of 1 John, was schismatically at odds with itself.
- However at the same time I do not view science as something schismatically separate from my Christianity.
Palabras que riman con schismaticachromatic, acrobatic, Adriatic, aerobatic, anagrammatic, aquatic, aristocratic, aromatic, asthmatic, athematic, attic, autocratic, automatic, axiomatic, bureaucratic, charismatic, chromatic, cinematic, climatic, dalmatic, democratic, diagrammatic, diaphragmatic, diplomatic, dogmatic, dramatic, ecstatic, emblematic, emphatic, enigmatic, epigrammatic, erratic, fanatic, hepatic, hieratic, hydrostatic, hypostatic, idiomatic, idiosyncratic, isochromatic, lymphatic, melodramatic, meritocratic, miasmatic, monochromatic, monocratic, monogrammatic, numismatic, operatic, panchromatic, pancreatic, paradigmatic, phlegmatic, photostatic, piratic, plutocratic, pneumatic, polychromatic, pragmatic, prelatic, prismatic, problematic, programmatic, psychosomatic, quadratic, rheumatic, schematic, sciatic, semi-automatic, Socratic, somatic, static, stigmatic, sub-aquatic, sylvatic, symptomatic, systematic, technocratic, thematic, theocratic, thermostatic, traumatic
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán