- 1A long-term mental disorder of a type involving a breakdown in the relation between thought, emotion, and behavior, leading to faulty perception, inappropriate actions and feelings, withdrawal from reality and personal relationships into fantasy and delusion, and a sense of mental fragmentation.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The appellant suffers from paranoid schizophrenia which is a mental illness within the meaning of the Mental Health Act 1983.
- Shortly after he finished his first album, he was diagnosed with chronic paranoid schizophrenia.
- Some of these studies have now shown that children who develop schizophrenia are developmentally different.
- 1.1(In general use) a mentality or approach characterized by inconsistent or contradictory elements.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Abrupt changes in mood, the destruction of comfort, and schizophrenia are all elements at work here.
- Now that growth is faltering, the inconsistencies of our political schizophrenia are emerging.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- She ends up being schizophrenic, disturbed and a profound emotional influence on Jonathan.
- Not only did his word-association experiments provide hard empirical evidence for the existence and power of unconscious complexes, but his work with schizophrenics carried psychoanalytic concepts into areas beyond Freud's reach.
- Living with a schizophrenic, psychotic mother must have left an indelible mark on him.
Pronunciación: /-ˈfrenik/adjetivo & sustantivo
early 20th century: modern Latin, from Greek skhizein 'to split' + phrēn 'mind'.
Más definiciones de schizophreniaDefinición de schizophrenia en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional