Definición de schizophrenia en inglés:
1A long-term mental disorder of a type involving a breakdown in the relation between thought, emotion, and behavior, leading to faulty perception, inappropriate actions and feelings, withdrawal from reality and personal relationships into fantasy and delusion, and a sense of mental fragmentation.
- The appellant suffers from paranoid schizophrenia which is a mental illness within the meaning of the Mental Health Act 1983.
- Shortly after he finished his first album, he was diagnosed with chronic paranoid schizophrenia.
- Some of these studies have now shown that children who develop schizophrenia are developmentally different.
1.1(In general use) a mentality or approach characterized by inconsistent or contradictory elements.
- Abrupt changes in mood, the destruction of comfort, and schizophrenia are all elements at work here.
- Now that growth is faltering, the inconsistencies of our political schizophrenia are emerging.
- Example sentences
- She ends up being schizophrenic, disturbed and a profound emotional influence on Jonathan.
- Not only did his word-association experiments provide hard empirical evidence for the existence and power of unconscious complexes, but his work with schizophrenics carried psychoanalytic concepts into areas beyond Freud's reach.
- Living with a schizophrenic, psychotic mother must have left an indelible mark on him.
Pronunciación: /-ˈfrenik/adjetivo& sustantivo
Definición de schizophrenia en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan