- 1A sailing ship with two or more masts, typically with the foremast smaller than the mainmast, and having gaff-rigged lower masts.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The glimmering vessel was a great schooner, with multiple masts on top and impressive quarters inside.
- The visit of the barques, brigantines and schooners also seemed to drive off some of the tourism malaise created by a July shrouded in fog, damp and rain.
- A lone sailboat, a single schooner, a solitary steamship might not have much impact in an eclectic gallery.
- 2North American & Australian/New Zealand A tall beer glass.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Painted on it was a red demon holding a schooner of beer.
- Most have done more physical damage to themselves in endless schooners.
- He received a fitting farewell in front of his home crowd before enjoying a celebratory schooner in the family pub in Sydney's inner-west.
early 18th century: of unknown origin.
Más definiciones de schoonerDefinición de schooner en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional