- The second point is mostly for emphasis: science studies the natural world.
- Emily's garden inspirations were also fueled by her high school science teacher and study hall supervisor.
- To this has been added a sustained critique of much that passes for science studies.
- Nanotechnology is an emerging engineering field that borrows from such areas as materials science, engineering, chemistry, biology and physics.
- It's used in medical science and some other areas, too.
- Perhaps the other area of psychological science most relevant to camps is behavioral psychology.
- I may defend my professional status by claiming ownership of an advanced body of knowledge or science.
- Most importantly, the lists tend to omit the natural vitamin complexes and food-form minerals that are so important for our health, as demonstrated by a large body of published science.
- We promote the science of psychology, and we rely on the foundation it provides for the practice of psychology.
Originally science was knowledge in general, or any branch of knowledge, including the arts, and the word is from Latin scire ‘to know’ (also found in conscience (Middle English) ‘inner knowledge’ and nice). The restricted modern sense of science, concentrating on the physical and natural world, dates from the 18th century. Science fiction was first mentioned in 1851, but this was an isolated use, and the term did not become common until the end of the 1920s, when US ‘pulp’ magazines (so called because of the cheap paper they were printed on) like Astounding Stories carried tales of space adventure. Before science fiction was coined the stories of writers such as Jules Verne were called scientific fiction or scientifiction.
Palabras que riman con sciencealliance, appliance, compliance, defiance, misalliance, neuroscience, reliance
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.