- 1The intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment: the world of science and technologyMás ejemplos en oraciones
branch of knowledge, body of knowledge/information, area of study, discipline, field
- The second point is mostly for emphasis: science studies the natural world.
- Emily's garden inspirations were also fueled by her high school science teacher and study hall supervisor.
- To this has been added a sustained critique of much that passes for science studies.
- 1.1A particular area of this: veterinary science the agricultural sciencesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Nanotechnology is an emerging engineering field that borrows from such areas as materials science, engineering, chemistry, biology and physics.
- It's used in medical science and some other areas, too.
- Perhaps the other area of psychological science most relevant to camps is behavioral psychology.
- 1.2A systematically organized body of knowledge on a particular subject: the science of criminologyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- I may defend my professional status by claiming ownership of an advanced body of knowledge or science.
- Most importantly, the lists tend to omit the natural vitamin complexes and food-form minerals that are so important for our health, as demonstrated by a large body of published science.
- We promote the science of psychology, and we rely on the foundation it provides for the practice of psychology.
Middle English (denoting knowledge): from Old French, from Latin scientia, from scire 'know'.