- In MS, myelin is lost in multiple areas, leaving scar tissue called sclerosis.
- The lymph node biopsy showed sclerosis surrounding cellular nodules that contained clusters of large atypical cells admixed with small lymphocytes and numerous eosinophils.
- It exhibited squamous differentiation, sclerosis, and eosinophilia.
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis is a progressive disease affecting both upper and lower motor neurons.
- Other collagen diseases, such as progressive systemic sclerosis and systemic lupus erythematosus, are associated with increased incidence of pneumothorax.
- Among this latter group, there were four patients with rheumatoid arthritis, five with systemic sclerosis, three with systemic lupus erythematosus, five with dermatomyositis, and four with mixed connective tissue disease.
Late Middle English (originally denoting a hard external tumor): via medieval Latin from Greek sklērōsis, from sklēroun 'harden'.
Palabras que riman con sclerosisapotheosis, chlorosis, cirrhosis, diagnosis, halitosis, hypnosis, kenosis, meiosis, metempsychosis, misdiagnosis, mononucleosis, myxomatosis, necrosis, neurosis, osmosis, osteoporosis, prognosis, psittacosis, psychosis, symbiosis, thrombosis, toxoplasmosis, trichinosis, tuberculosis
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: scle·ro·sis
Definición de sclerosis en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.