Definición de sclerotized en inglés:
(Of an insect’s body, or part of one) hardened by conversion into sclerotin.
- The cephalothorax of spiders is a sclerotized body part that does not change after the final molt.
- The sclerotized spermatheca is flexible and has muscle attachments between the base of the body of the spermatheca and its apex.
- The larvae have a non-retracting head capsule, consisting of sclerotized chitin, which bears opposing mandibles, antennae, eyespots, and various other sensory structures.
- Example sentences
- Soldiers appear darker than do nonsoldier nymphs, owing to a higher degree of sclerotization, and have larger hind-legs then do nonsoldiers.
- They also display a unique phenotype characterized by excessive sclerotization of the anterior-most cuticle.
- Catecholamines are required for proper melanization and sclerotization of the Drosophila cuticle.
Pronunciación: /ˌskli(ə)rətəˈzāSHən, ˌskler-/sustantivo
Definición de sclerotized en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan