- A disease of sheep involving the central nervous system, characterized by a lack of coordination causing affected animals to rub against trees and other objects for support, and thought to be caused by a viruslike agent such as a prion.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Biologically, the symptoms of the relatively common disease of scrapie in sheep are very similar to those of BSE.
- Sheep are susceptible to their own brain wasting disease called scrapie, but this disease has never been shown to be transmissible to humans.
- Since the early 1990s, scientists have become increasingly concerned that sheep diagnosed with scrapie may actually have BSE.
Más definiciones de scrapieDefinición de scrapie en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional