sustantivo (plural scriptoria /-ˈtôrēə/ or scriptoriums)chiefly • historical
- A room set apart for writing, especially one in a monastery where manuscripts were copied.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- After all, it was assumed that all monks could read and write. Monasteries also contained libraries and scriptoria, or writing rooms, in which manuscripts were copied.
- By the 9th century, most monasteries had writing rooms or scriptoria.
- A limited form of mass production was able to be achieved in large scriptoria contained in monasteries.
late 18th century: from medieval Latin, from Latin script- 'written', from the verb scribere.
Más definiciones de scriptoriumDefinición de scriptorium en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional