- 1.1 [usually as modifier] A medical treatment or therapy used in support of another, or as a more drastic measure if the primary treatment is ineffective.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Another review of several case studies recommended oral and topical retinoids as second-line therapy for the treatment of flat warts.
- No ideal second-line treatment has been established if the initial therapy fails to eradicate the organism.
- These differences in second-line therapy may account for some part of the observed difference in survival.
- 1.2A battle line behind the front line to support it and make good its losses.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He tried to form a second line but Allied cavalry swept him away: by dawn on the 24th only about half his army was intact.
- Badrand smiled as with a huge crash, his second line joined the battle.
- Men in the first line fought until they were killed or wounded and then men from the second line would move up to fill the space.
- 1.3 [as modifier] Ranking second in strength, effectiveness, ability, or value: the clutch of second-line U.S. computer manufacturersMás ejemplos en oraciones
- We have also had strong performances from some second-line stocks including Kingspan and Grafton Group.
- But the working musicians who populate the neighborhood clubs, second-line parades and jazz brunches, are more vulnerable, often living gig to gig.
- Fortunately their second-line bowlers were nowhere near as good.
Más definiciones de second lineDefinición de second line en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional