- (In a system that postulates three levels of stress) the accent on a syllable of a word or breath group that is weaker than the primary stress but stronger than the lack of stress.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A secondary stress after the primary stress is an unreduced syllable in the tail of the tone group.
- The secondary stress focuses the word in the line, which may then be scanned as follows, giving an irregular but forceful rhythm.
- The ‘tse’ gets a slight secondary stress, but the only real accent is on the first syllable.
Más definiciones de secondary stressDefinición de secondary stress en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional