sustantivo (plural secretaries)
- 1A person employed by an individual or in an office to assist with correspondence, keep records, make appointments, and carry out similar tasks.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- If necessary, counsel may contact my secretary to arrange an appointment to speak to the issue of costs on this motion.
- One guy a few years back asked me whether he should call back and make an appointment with my secretary to talk to me.
- There is a story doing the rounds about a city lawyer who asked an office secretary to pay £4 towards his dry cleaning bill.
- 1.1An official of a society or other organization who conducts its correspondence and keeps its records.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The tuning of the City Hall organ is ongoing, and every night, the secretary of the Organ Society, David Smit, spends several hours tuning the instrument.
- This is borne out by a letter of April 11, from the solicitors to the area secretary of the Law society.
- It was provided to the Foreign Office by the secretary to the World Jewish Council, who in turn had received it from a source in Berlin.
- 1.2An official in charge of a government department: [as title]: Secretary of the TreasuryMás ejemplos en oraciones
- And Dr. Sue Bailey is a former assistant defense secretary for health affairs.
- Perle is a commentator on defense issues and a former US assistant secretary of defense.
- In 1996, he became the sixth deputy assistant secretary of defense for Policy and Missions.
- 1.3A writing desk with shelves on top of it.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The three small drawers in the desk section of this secretary are separated from the drawers below them by a molding that runs across the front and sides of the case.
- The base of this secretary bookcase, like many examples of late neoclassical case furniture, returns to the joined construction favored more than a century earlier.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The National Strategy Coordination Unit of the Prime Minister's Office will provide secretarial support.
- When we think of jobs, we see factories, secretarial pools, police officers, lawyers.
- But there are other fields too where it is rare to find a man at work, such as selling cosmetics or working in a secretarial office.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Mrs Taylor's business interests last year included seven company secretaryships and two directorships.
- He replaces Peter Hain, who now combines the Welsh and Northern Ireland secretaryships.
- As I had done a course in company secretaryship, I decided to take up the project.
late Middle English (originally in the sense 'person entrusted with a secret'): from late Latin secretarius 'confidential officer', from Latin secretum 'secret', neuter of secretus (see secret).