sustantivo (plural securities)
- 1The state of being free from danger or threat: the system is designed to provide maximum security against toxic spills job securityMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The only true security against nuclear dangers is an enforceable ban on all nuclear weapons.
- According to him however, Government has to guarantee security against international threats.
- What should we be doing to ensure vaccine safety and security against external threats?
- 1.1The safety of a state or organization against criminal activity such as terrorism, theft, or espionage: a matter of national securityMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Nicknamed the Jersey Girls, they became experts on national security and terrorism.
- President Bush put terrorism and national security at the center of congressional races.
- Wealth is therefore an instrument in the creation of national security and national welfare.
- 1.2Procedures followed or measures taken to ensure the safety of a state or organization: amid tight security the presidents met in the Colombian resortMás ejemplos en oraciones
- A huge team of people will ensure that the necessary security measures are in place.
- Elea then set up a series of security measures to ensure that sure an occurrence could never happen again.
- City institutions were just told to make sure that their existing checks and security procedures were working.
- 1.3The state of feeling safe, stable, and free from fear or anxiety: this man could give the emotional security she neededMás ejemplos en oraciones
peace of mind, feeling of safety, stability, certainty, happiness, confidence
- You are able to drop old fears and apprehension about material and emotional security.
- For one thing, we are afraid, and in times of fear we crave security above all.
- The problems could relate to declining health, declining income or declining emotional security.
- 2A private police force that guards a building, campus, park, etc..Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The police force, private security and volunteers were present in large numbers to check any untoward incident.
- The Immigration Service operation involved about 20 officials and escort guards from a private security firm.
- It is guarded by a private security force contracted out to the Department of Energy!
- 3A thing deposited or pledged as a guarantee of the fulfillment of an undertaking or the repayment of a loan, to be forfeited in case of default.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The money was being used as security for costs until the appeal was completed.
- The plaintiffs say that this property could be put up for security for costs.
- David has offered the Ace Patent to me as security against this money, which, quite frankly, I am not prepared to accept.
- 4 (often securities) A certificate attesting credit, the ownership of stocks or bonds, or the right to ownership connected with tradable derivatives.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The new rules also make donating mutual funds, stocks, bonds and other securities more attractive.
- For those with an interest in individual securities, there are stocks and bonds to meet every need.
- The Fed uses this cash to purchase securities from primary government bond dealers.
on security of something
- Using something as a guarantee.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They could lend on security of shares and stocks held by jobbers to allow them to settle differences at the fortnightly settlements.
- Their money has gone to a particular borrower, on security of a particular property, with a particular mortgage.
late Middle English: from Old French securite or Latin securitas, from securus 'free from care' (see secure).