- Tullow Street may look calm and sedate most mid week days but come the weekends it is an entirely different place.
- This does not reflect well on the sedate, calm and collected gentleman that I hallucinated myself to be.
- The old rock-and-lava ball had built up a nice ozone shield under which life could evolve at a properly sedate pace.
- But all this makes it rather quieter, and more sedate, and a perfect place for stage two.
- She looked out the front window at the street below them, which appeared deceptively quiet and sedate as a cart rolled by innocently.
- If you haven't figured it yet, this is an elegy to my city's once quiet, sedate, pleasant city roads, a haven for motorists.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- I managed to do the dishes before I sedately walked to the bath.
- In Tbilisi, however, they do things somewhat more sedately.
- I took a deep breath, turned on my turn-signal, made an easy right turn, and sedately left the neighborhood.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- He has always impressed with the sedateness of his craft; invariably his films are like life in slow motion.
- But earlier this year the sedateness was violently disturbed when a gas tanker was deliberately driven into the walls.
- If they view the sedateness of the native culture with a skeptical eye, they can also be grateful for it.
Late Middle English (originally as a medical term meaning 'not sore or painful', also 'calm, tranquil'): from Latin sedatus, past participle of sedare 'settle', from sedere 'sit'.
Palabras que riman con sedateabate, ablate, aerate, ait, await, backdate, bait, bate, berate, castrate, collate, conflate, crate, create, cremate, date, deflate, dictate, dilate, distraite, donate, downstate, eight, elate, equate, estate, fate, fête, fixate, freight, frustrate, gait, gate, gestate, gradate, grate, great, gyrate, hate, hydrate, inflate, innate, interrelate, interstate, irate, Kate, Kuwait, lactate, late, locate, lustrate, mandate, mate, migrate, misdate, misstate, mistranslate, mutate, narrate, negate, notate, orate, ornate, Pate, placate, plate, prate, prorate, prostrate, pulsate, pupate, quadrate, rate, rotate, sate, serrate, short weight, skate, slate, spate, spectate, spruit, stagnate, state, straight, strait, Tate, tête-à-tête, Thwaite, translate, translocate, transmigrate, truncate, underrate, understate, underweight, update, uprate, upstate, up-to-date, vacate, vibrate, wait, weight
- His lawyers also claimed that he was heavily sedated with antipsychotic drugs during his trial.
- The anesthesia care provider then further sedates the patient intravenously.
- I have no recollection of the actual event, or the following week during which I was heavily sedated.
1960s: back-formation from sedation.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.