- 1A person who sells something: street sellers of newspapers, flowers, etc.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Their children will have to drop out of school and get in fight on the streets, or become street musicians or street newspaper sellers.
- Clark, who was a newspaper seller on the streets and was known as Nobby, was attacked at night and robbed of his watch and the contents of his money belt.
- But by this time shopkeepers and fellow street sellers had gathered around, so the group left.
- 1.1 (the seller) The party in a legal transaction who is selling: the seller may accept the buyer’s offerMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The first type, called futures or forwards, oblige a buyer and seller to complete a transaction at a predetermined time in the future at a price agreed upon today.
- In a Nehemiah transaction, the seller reimburses Nehemiah for the down payment assistance.
- All charges are borne by the sellers, with no transaction costs to the buyers.
- 2 [with adjective] A product that sells in some specified way: the game will undoubtedly be the biggest seller of the yearMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Some medicines expected to be big sellers flop; some produced with only modest expectations flourish.
- The Star Wars products were the biggest sellers in company history.
- Does that mean that there can be books that are huge sellers, best-sellers, that are not on the list?
seller's (or sellers') market
- An economic situation in which goods or shares are scarce and sellers can keep prices high.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- All the sellers are going to say this is a seller's market.
- Unlike some major urban areas, like San Francisco and the nearby Silicon Valley, where housing prices flattened or turned down during the past two years, the second-home niche has become a seller's market.
- The buyer's market for auditors - in which accounting firms cross-sold consulting services and pandered to clients - has been transformed into a seller's market.