- 1(Of a country, state, or community) having a degree of, but not complete, self-government: Russia’s semiautonomous republicsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- On March 31 he declared that the semi-autonomous republic would hold a referendum to ‘help determine who the population of Adjaria actually supported.’
- As polities, colleges and universities bear more than a passing resemblance to federations of small, semi-autonomous republics - in this case the departments that make up their main subdivisions.
- They had sufficient space to erect semi-autonomous communities, which practiced a version of Christianity that addressed their particular needs as slaves and fostered aspirations for freedom.
- 2Acting independently to some degree: semiautonomous working groupsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- This is eerily akin to the deus-ex climaxes to movies like Independence Day, in which a semi-autonomous, broad-reaching hunk of malware is tricked into self-destructing.
- Three years ago, the municipality and the hospital entered into an agreement that opened the home to semi-autonomous elders and provided 24-hour care.
- Well, by all but the leading lady naturally, as her semi-autonomous corpse is lead around from scene to scene by poor Timothy, mustering as much dignity as he can manage.
Más definiciones de semiautonomousDefinición de semiautonomous en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional