Definición de semicircle en inglés:
1A half of a circle or of its circumference.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- It is a complete circle and then down on the bottom half there is a semicircle with a little circle above it.
- His point is well taken, for if circles were defined in terms of semicircles, then presumably semicircles would be defined in terms of the quarter-circles of which they are composed, and so on, ad infinitum.
- It is well burnished only on the exterior body, which is decorated with a series of engraved ticked circles and semicircles.
1.1A set of objects arranged in a semicircle: chairs were in a semicircle around the hearth
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The patara ruin has rows of stone seats arranged in a semicircle, like the chambers of the American Congress.
- I'm sat in one of those chairs with a little side table to rest your notebook on, arranged in a semicircle in a darkened room.
- Tables have been arranged in a semicircle around the bench rather than in the normal linear fashion.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- A semicircular plug to be fitted in a semicircular recess formed in either end of a cylinder head of an overhead cam shaft engine for preventing leakage of lubricating oil.
- For those that appreciate architecture and design, a semicircular brick patio may add just the right touch of personality to a backyard.
Definición de semicircle en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán