Treat, regard, or portray (someone or something) with exaggerated and self-indulgent feelings of tenderness, sadness, or nostalgia: (as adjective sentimentalized) the impossibly sentimentalized and saintly ideal of the Virgin Mother
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- We censor it, sentimentalise it, treat it as a commodity.
- The story of a nun who befriends a man on death row never sentimentalises the issues, but is an unforgettable study of capital punishment's cynicism.
- To her credit, Leslie treats them seriously, without sentimentalizing the characters or their experiences.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Legal notions of spousal unity and the sentimentalization of a woman's role as ‘the angel in the house’ have often served to undercut married women's agency and autonomy.
- It's part of the well-documented process of the sentimentalisation of society, in which emotions are more important than facts and the most powerful condition is that of victimhood.
- Now, it seems, this babyish sentimentalisation of nature is regarded as a social attribute.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: sen·ti·men·tal·ize
Definición de sentimentalize en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda