Definición de serene en inglés:
- Great minds such as ours must be serene and tranquil in order to remain above the fray.
- She seemed, to him, to be at peace, tranquil and serene.
- I looked at it, suddenly calmed by its serene expression.
sustantivo(usually the serene) archaic Volver al principio
late Middle English (describing the weather or sky as 'clear, fine, and calm'): from Latin serenus.
serenade from (mid 17th century):
A serenade conjures up an image of a young man singing or playing to his beloved under her window or balcony at night. The word's origins imply none of these things, requiring only that the performance be ‘serene’. It goes back through French and Italian to Latin serenus ‘calm, clear, fair’. The idea of serenading by night may derive from association with sera, the Italian word for ‘night’. Serenus is also the source of serene and serenity [both LME].
- Example sentences
- Water buffalo and goats graze placidly alongside the track; elegant white cranes glide serenely across the paddy fields.
- A couple of cannons sat serenely in front of what resembled a barn, like oversized farmyard cats hoping to catch a little winter sun.
- In no time, I'm heading serenely down the motorway at a steady 70 mph.
Words that rhyme with sereneAberdeen, Amin, aquamarine, baleen, bean, been, beguine, Benin, between, canteen, careen, Claudine, clean, contravene, convene, cuisine, dean, Dene, e'en, eighteen, fascine, fedayeen, fifteen, figurine, foreseen, fourteen, Francine, gean, gene, glean, gombeen, green, Greene, Halloween, intervene, Janine, Jean, Jeannine, Jolene, Kean, keen, Keene, Ladin, langoustine, latrine, lean, limousine, machine, Maclean, magazine, Malines, margarine, marine, Mascarene, Massine, Maxine, mean, Medellín, mesne, mien, Moline, moreen, mujahedin, Nadine, nankeen, Nazarene, Nene, nineteen, nougatine, obscene, palanquin, peen, poteen, preen, quean, queen, Rabin, Racine, ramin, ravine, routine, Sabine, saltine, sardine, sarin, sateen, scene, screen, seen, seventeen, shagreen, shebeen, sheen, sixteen, spleen, spring-clean, squireen, Steen, submarine, supervene, tambourine, tangerine, teen, terrine, thirteen, transmarine, treen, tureen, Tyrrhene, ultramarine, umpteen, velveteen, wean, ween, Wheen, yean
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.