- 1Calm, peaceful, and untroubled; tranquil: her eyes were closed and she looked very serene serene certaintyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Great minds such as ours must be serene and tranquil in order to remain above the fray.
- She seemed, to him, to be at peace, tranquil and serene.
- I looked at it, suddenly calmed by its serene expression.
sustantivo(usually the serene) • archaic Volver al principio
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Water buffalo and goats graze placidly alongside the track; elegant white cranes glide serenely across the paddy fields.
- A couple of cannons sat serenely in front of what resembled a barn, like oversized farmyard cats hoping to catch a little winter sun.
- In no time, I'm heading serenely down the motorway at a steady 70 mph.
late Middle English (describing the weather or sky as 'clear, fine, and calm'): from Latin serenus.