Definición de sergeant major en inglés:
1A noncommissioned officer in the US Army or Marine Corps of the highest rank, above master sergeant and below warrant officer.
- The conference is open to Active and Reserve component battalion-level and above CSS leaders in the ranks of sergeant major and above and joint service equivalents.
- For others, it may be the concept of a general officer or a sergeant major who brings ‘chosen’ subordinates up through the ranks guiding them towards the ‘good jobs’ to achieve promotions.
- How is it going to be received by the sergeant major or the colonel who is there in the audience?
2A warrant officer in the British army.
- The senior non-commissioned member of a British unit is its regimental sergeant major.
- The former sergeant major was once the British Army's top sniper in the province and was known as a lethal shot during the height of the Ulster troubles in the 70s.
- One of her three sons is an army sergeant major.
3A fish with boldly striped sides that lives in warm seas, typically on coral reefs.
- Abudefduf saxatilis, family Pomacentridae
- Holding the chain railing, we followed our leader and had up-close encounters with yellow tails, sergeant majors, blue tang, trumpet fish, and other reef dwellers.
- Blue Beach, which along with Green offers the best snorkeling - an abundance of blue tangs, queen angelfish, sergeant majors, and spotted eagle rays in the water - is a mile long, and the dirt road keeps going for three miles past it.
- The yellowtail snappers, sergeant majors and occasional parrotfish displayed no fear of us at all.
Definición de sergeant major en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia