Definición de serin en inglés:
A small Eurasian and North African finch related to the canary, with a short bill and typically streaky plumage.
- Genus Serinus, family Fringillidae: several species, in particular the European serin (S. serinus)
- In the serin, Serinus serinus, female, copulatory behavior was not significantly affected by song performance of the mate.
- The European serin inhabits wooded and shrubby hillsides, and also utilizes well-vegetated agricultural areas, such as vineyards, orchards, and plantations.
- A European Serin is present in Warley Woods singing from thickets to the left of the path leading from the Abbey.
mid 16th century (denoting a canary): from French, 'canary', of unknown ultimate origin.
Definición de serin en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia